You want to buy a swim spa but you do not know from where to begin? You have no idea which manufacturers offer the best swim spas or which features differentiate one brand from another? Our goal is to covers the strengths and characteristics of some Swim Spa brands available on the market. No matter what are your needs, we hope to help you find the one which best fits your needs and expectations.
- Dimension One Swim Spa – The Aquatic Fitness System brand of Dimension One is designed not only to relax, but also to exercise, so it corresponds to all of your demands and wishes related to swim spas. You can use it to swim, walk, run, stretch, and strength exercises or just to enjoy the recreational effects of the swim spa. No matter which age group you belong to, Aquatic Fitness System will definitely meet your expectations. You can choose from 4 types of spas according to your needs. AquaFit Sport’s water management system which ensures you clean water every time you exercise, the forceful swim jets and the cross-training functionality make it your functional underwater gym. What can be better than that? After your exhausting training session, the AquaFit Pro, offers you with its patented Jet Therapy® pillow, the ultimate relaxation experience. The AquaFit Play will provide you many moments of pleasure with exercise, fun and relaxation due to its max therapy seat, patented water cleaning system and stereo and lighting package (optional). AquaFIT PLUS is the king of Dimension One Swim Spas, not only because it is the largest one, but also because you can adjust the water temperature separately: you can have a different temperature in one side of it while you are exercising and another in the other part which is ideal for soaking and spa.
These luxurious spas have a lot of innovation: they are environmentally friendly and energy efficient, include water cleaning systems and interior innovations. Visit their page to read more about these amazing swim spas.
- Cal Spa provides a full aquatic gym in the comfort of your own home. The Cal Spas’ Jet Stream Propulsion System is designed for both amateur and professional swimmers. The two jets produce current both on the top and under the water. Cal Spa offers a large variety of options for their customers in order to help them to improve their swimming and hydrotherapy experience. Cords attached to the anchors of the spa can make your training easier; the built in Isound system or stereo with CD player and the led options make your spa time more joyful. The entry level swim spa provides 22 jets and is designed for 6 people. The top of the line model has the capacity of 10 people and includes 70 jets, it consists of a zone designed for swimming and workout and another separated one for hydrotherapy and soaking. Like the Dimension One offering you can set the temperature separately for both areas.
- Endless Pool Swim Spas offer you the great opportunity to spend fun and valuable time with your friends and family, without exposing you to the dangers and unpleasant features of the public spas. These spas are designed to be suitable in almost every size backyard and have much lower operating cost than normal sized pools. These spas can be used indoor or out, and are available in four different sizes. The ten foot, fifteen and seventeen foot long, offer a fairly spartan layout with one seat to relax in after your workout. The top of the line nineteen foot model offers the separate spa end with the by now expected dual temperature control. According to their website, the installation consists of 3 easy steps: place, fill up, and connect the power. Although it makes it sound like you just plug it in, because it requires 220 volts and a 60amp breaker, it’s not quite that simple. You can adapt not only the temperature, but also the current according to your preferences.
- The Michael Phelps Swim Spas by Master Spas were developed “with input” from the famous swimmer, Michael Phelps, and his coach, Bob Bowman, and the professional engineers of Master Spas. The company website claims that these are one of the most energy-efficient swim spas in the industry, due to the eco-friendly icynene foam insulation. In their own words, “Every swim spa is built to not only meet but to exceed the stringent California Energy Commission (CEC) efficiency standards.” They also have high density polymer base which keeps away pests and helps to maintain the heating, manifold plumbing which ensures the equal spread of pressure in the jets. They also contain Noise Reduction, EcoPur and Ozone systems. The EcoPur® System contains a filter which integrates a combination of minerals which help not only the elimination of bigger impurities, but also of the microorganisms and heavy metals, resulting in softer water. The Ozone System eliminates the pathogens, making the water fresh and clean. Its Wave Propulsion™ Technology System offers you a swimming experience with less turbulence and the SwimNumber™ System allows you to set the suitable swimming, training speed according to your needs. Some workout programs are pre scheduled, so you can choose between the beginners, intermediate or advanced levels. Again it is available in a number of lengths and configurations including the spa on one end that can be at a different temperature. The one obvious difference is the housing. On the pump end, the one you swim toward, a good foot to eighteen inches is taken up by the pump works. Not a huge deal but if your buying a cover for it, you’ll be covering a section you can’t swim in or sit in.
- SwimEx Swim Spas apply paddle wheel instead of jets and propellers to generate swim current. The fiberglass panel construction of these spas is similar to the aircrafts’ panels. SwimEx is based on a special shell designed to control the course of water. In the past this manufacturer was mainly oriented towards corporate customers like universities, hospitals, but in more recent years they have become more and more oriented towards residential clients. Customers can choose from a large variety of custom options for their indoor or outdoor SwimEx including colors, finishes and water depths. The first glaring difference between these swim spas and others listed so far is that they are not designed to be stand alone spas in their own cabinet. True they can be set up for indoor or outdoor installation but that installation will be sunken. This is more of a commitment since installing it will be very similar to an actual swimming pool. Plus as you would expect from a builder that has focused on commercial applications their spas are a little more utilitarian. The website has some very attractive photos but the main focus is on the pleasing deck work around the spa rather than the spas themselves.
- Arctic Spas Swim Spas claim to be the perfect choice for even the cold weather and climate, they are easy to install and very energy efficient. The patented Forever Floor® will save you time and effort in connection with installing, because you do not have to work on a spa foundation. The Total Access™ system Đ makes every interior component easy to access for repairing. The insulation of the floor and of the wall (foam) of these spas was developed to stop heating from escaping. The biggest difference between the Arctic Spas Swim Spas and the others we covered here is that rather than offering several different sizes they only offer one size with different interior options. From a manufacturing point of view this is a great idea. Every cabinet is the same size which saves time and money. For the home owner it takes one decision off the table and you can focus on the options instead. This manufacturer does not offer a model with a spa in one end. The down side of this is that you’ll be exercising in the same temperature as when you are using the spa for relaxation. So you’ll have to either workout in water that is too warm or relax in water that is a tad on the cool side.
These are 6 of the largest manufacturers, who, based on their years of technological research and experimentation, offer a large variety of swim spas which meet the various needs of customers. If you have decided to purchase a swim spa, list your preferences, and what you want from your purchase to match them with the technological features provided by the spa manufacturers available on the market.
When you’re ready to cover your investment, visit SpaCap.com. While spa manufacturers have been working on designing and building swim spas, SpaCap.com have been building the perfect swim spa covers.
No matter which company you purchase you swim spa from they will offer a traditional rigid foam filled spa cover. The problem is that depending on the overall length of your new spa, that cover will consist of three or four individual panels. And just like every other foam filled cover ever made, those panels will eventually begin to saturate with moisture from the steam coming off the spa water, (starting the day you fill your spa) until they are too heavy to lift. (Normally one section will be notably heavier within six months)
Invariably with four separate sections this will happen at different speeds. So you the owner has to choose to struggle to remove and replace that one section or just leave it on and try to use your spa under it.
Bar lifters won’t help once the cover becomes too heavy either because you will still have to flop it over the bar while trying not to strain yourself. Then push it off the end of the spa. When the cover is heavy it will either rip itself apart (because the seam of the cover is not built to handle the added weight) or worse it will rip the bar lifter off the sides of your spa potentially causing damage to the spa cabinet.
The SpaCap Swim Spa Covers by contrast, don’t employ foam so there is nothing to soak up the moisture. They are built to stay lightweight and easy to use. Visit SpaCap.com and order one for your swim spa today.